- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 13, 2015
My Fat Loss Journey: The top 10 things I have learned through trial and error while losing 35 pounds.
Here are the top 10 things I have learned on my own fat loss journey. Hopefully this list will help you to not face the same road blocks on your path to wellness.
- Although counting calories was what got me started losing weight, eating primarily whole foods (minimally processed, preservative free) without stressing so much about the macros was what allowed me to maintain my weight AND feel free.
- Its so important to move your body throughout the day, not just during your workout session. Not just because it will help you lose weight, but because it feels good.
- A good playlist can make all the difference between one kick butt workout and 45 minutes of well…torture.
- Stress has a physiological response on your body, meaning it can cause your metabolism to get out of whack. That being said, don’t stress about being stressed. Be easy about your weight loss journey. Give yourself the time and space to learn new, nourishing habits.
- Foam rolling (SMR) is the next best thing to a deep tissue massage, and it can move mountains in terms of achieving the “long and lean” look.
- Spray butter is NOT a food. Just use real butter.
- Rest days are our friend and are absolutely necessary in achieving fat loss.
- Carbs are not the enemy, but they do cause your cells to retain water. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind if you get on the scale after eating a basket of bread and wonder why you gained 4 pounds. No worries… up your water, veggies, and protein and it will be gone in a day or so.
- It is possible to have too much of a good thing. i.e. broccoli overload.
- I’m glad I tracked my weight and measurements and took pictures once a week for a period of time. It’s amazing to look back on my transformation. That being said, I wouldn’t do it forever because it definitely didn’t help my obsessive tendencies.