- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 14, 2015
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 + 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (Best. Vanilla. Ever.)
- 1 + 1/4 tsp stevia
- 3 tbsp fat-free greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- pinch of lime zest
- 1 tbsp (6.5g) wheat germ
- 1/2 sheet of a graham cracker (two small rectangles), crumbled (I use organic)
- lime wedge, as garnish
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana.
- Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes. As I have mentioned in many of my oatmeal recipes, I really like adding the banana because it adds so much volume to the oats. Thank you KERF for this tip! 😉
- In a separate medium-size bowl, add the greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, lime zest, 1/4 tsp of stevia, and 1/4 tsp vanilla and whip together using a hand mixer on medium-low speed. Set aside.
- Add the vanilla, wheat germ, other tablespoon of lime juice, and stevia, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with the yogurt mixture and crumbled graham crackers.
So yummy. Slightly tart, but with the right amount of sweetness to balance it out.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 60 g
Protein: 16 g
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge.