- April. 19 2018
Here are 5 Ways to Prepare for Fitness Success
1. Shop for success. You can’t eat healthy if you don’t shop healthy. A good diet starts at the grocery store. You can’t eat unhealthy if you don’t have anything unhealthy in your pantry – and the opposite is true too. Stock your kitchen up with everything you need to stick to your healthy diet.
2. Cook for success. If you are like me, if you don’t have something healthy ready to eat, you are much more likely to eat whatever is on hand. If you want to stick to your diet, and avoid temptations, it’s important to prepare your food in advance.
I cook a bunch of food on Sundays so it’s easier to eat well during the week. As long as I have healthy leftovers, I am never tempted to eat out or grab a quick fix.
3. Pack for success. Eating on the go and going to the gym takes a certain level of preparation. Your food needs to be portable, and packed up in Tupperware with all the utensils you need.
Also, your gym gear has to be loaded up and ready before you head out the door each morning. That means your Live Well 360 bag needs to be packed with all your favorite fitness accessories, healthy food and apparel ahead of time. I suggest packing everything up the night before so you don’t run out of time, and run into excuses to go off plan.
4. Plan for success. How motivated can you expect to be if you have no idea what you are going to do once you get to the gym? Every day you go to the gym you should know exactly what you plan to do when you get there, down to the body part and exercises you plan to do.
Sticking to a good fitness plan will help you reach your goals a lot faster than if you just play things by ear all the time. Follow a solid workout program to make sure what you are doing in the gym is effective.
5. Learn for success. Many people guess their way around the gym and their diet. If you really want to be successful, you need to invest a little time each day, learning more about what it will take to reach your goals.
Without this step, you can’t shop, cook, pack or plan for success at all – because you have no idea what to shop for, cook, pack or plan! It seems like common sense but, unfortunately, many people waste years working toward a goal without the proper knowledge of what it takes to do things right. It will take a little time in the beginning, but I promise it will be worth it!