- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 30, 2015
If you are aiming for (or maintaining) fat loss… a pancake breakfast is not something that you want to tempt yourself with, that is, until now.
Morning protein pancakes, made with vanilla protein powder, cottage cheese, and flaxseed meal. With 111 calories and 12 grams of protein per cake, this breakfast is going to fill you up and keep you feeling great. Not only that, but they will also help you to not crave sweets later on, because your blood sugar levels will be more stable.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- cooking spray or coconut oil
- agave syrup
- Heat medium size skillet to medium heat.
- Place the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until incorporated thoroughly.
- Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
- Coat the skillet with oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the skillet.
- After bubbles begin to form around the edges, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- Remove pancake and continue to cook the rest of the cakes.
- Serve with agave syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc.
Tip: Place cooked pancakes in a slightly warmed oven, to keep the heated while you finish making the rest of the batch.
(Yields 4 servings)
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 12.5 g
Protein: 12 g