- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 13, 2015
Pumpkin bran muffins, made with wheat bran, whole wheat flour, pureed pumpkin, low-fat buttermilk, and sweetened with organic honey.
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1-1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cup pure pumpkin, canned
- 2/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Stir dry ingredients together and add wet ingredients. Continue to stir until just mixed. This helps to keep the muffins light and fluffy, if you over mix, they don’t puff up as much.
- Scoop the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving or storing.
(Yields 12 muffins = per serving)
Carbs: 31 g
Fiber: 4.5 g
Protein: 4 g