- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 14, 2015
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Best. Vanilla. Ever.)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple flavored agave nectar
- 0.2 oz toasted pecans
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana.
- Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin, cottage cheese, pumpkin pie spice, agave nectar, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with toasted pecans.
Note: This was extremely filling and very pumpkin-pie-like. You get a hint of maple flavoring, and the cottage cheese adds a richness and unique texture. Feel free to add bananas as well!
I love pairing pecans and pumpkin! This reminded me a little bit of the pumpkin rolls that Ryan’s Grandma makes every year for Thanksgiving.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 7 g
Carbs: 59 g
Protein: 17 g
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge.