- LiveWell360 Staff
- September 14, 2015
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 oz turkey, shredded (leftover)
- 0.5 oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
- 1 egg
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the pepper, cayenne pepper, and turkey. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Spray a separate pan with cooking oil (or coat with coconut oil), and cook egg, over medium heat to desired doneness. (I like to flip mine and cook the other side a little as well).
- Pour oatmeal into a serving bowl and top with cheese. Lay egg on top and serve.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 9 g
Carbs: 49 g
Protein: 31 g
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge.